Benach Collopy LLP is a nationally renowned, full-service immigration and nationality law firm in Washington, DC. The firm is one of the nation’s leading voices for immigrants’ rights and its attorneys are among the most respected immigration lawyers in the nation. Benach Collopy represents a wide range of clients, providing innovative, zealous representation to immigrants and their families while maintaining the highest standards of ethics and client service.
We are seeking a legal assistant/receptionist to work in a cutting edge, diverse, and complex immigration law practice. The Legal Assistant will work directly with partners, associate attorneys, paralegals, and the firm’s office manager to ensure the smooth operations of the office and the delivery of excellent service to the firm’s diverse clientele. The Legal Assistant will act as the firm’s receptionist; manage the firm’s consultation process; manage the firm’s client files, mail, and office calendar; maintain the firm’s office space; and assist attorneys and paralegals with entry-level paralegal work, including applications for employment authorization and advance parole, changes of address, case status inquiries, criminal background checks and records requests, and requests under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Demonstrated commitment to immigrant and/or human rights.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented approach to tasks.
- Ability to successfully juggle multiple responsibilities.
- Friendly and welcoming disposition.
- Commitment to providing excellent client service.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Interest in a fast-paced, energetic work environment.
- Willingness to participate in the Firm’s marketing and communications efforts.
- Fluency in Spanish.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and 2-3 references to: